Friday, May 30, 2008

baby steps

I woke up this morning thinking today is a new day. Things are going to be different. Did they turn out to be different? Yes in some ways they did. This past week, I've been down. I guess in a slump. Wondering what's going on with me. What is God saying to me? Where is He taking me? Why is He reaching deep down in me tearing me inside out? What is my next step? Why can I not overcome obstacles in my life that seem to break me down and bring me to shame every day? Well, He wants something from me. He wants me. All of me. He wants to take those obstacles that make me stumble and bring me shame to replace them with Him. All of Him. Have I surrendered all of those obstacles to Him? Yes I have. Are they going to go away all of a sudden? No. It is a process of healing and restoration. He desires to take my brokeness and turn it into something beautiful. That brings me to tears just thinking about it. WOW! The God of this universe has chosen me to save, to love, to break down, to humble, to weed out, to build back up and to make beautiful!

I discovered today that God is moving me into the next phase of my life. Not sure where all it is taking me but I know atleast part of what it involves. Did I make steps towards the change that He's doing inside of me right now? Yes I did. I guess you could say it's baby steps. No the obstacles are not fully gone but the baby steps towards progress have began to take place. I hope that soon I can trust Him completely to take giant steps so that I can dive in to Him without anything holding me back.

No comments: