Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Night of the Fly

What is one of the most annoying sounds that could keep you from falling asleep at night when you so desperately want and need to sleep???? Anyone? yes, that is right! a FLY! Oh my goodness. Last night, I was exhausted and turned my light out. As soon as I did the sound began. Yes the fly was moving about furiously throughout my room. I jumped out of the bed and turned the light on looking for something to kill it with. I grabbed a flip flop. What else could work better right? I moved slowly and quietly across my room and realized it was on my nightstand. I spotted it. It was on the lamp. I rared back and BOOM! I missed. I started swarming around everywhere. It landed. BOOM 2! I missed. I lost it. I retreat. Turn my light out and go back to bed. A few minutes later. It returned. I jumped up and tried again with the same flip flop. This time I was chasing it around my room swatting at it. I could hear it laughing at me and taunting me saying, "You can't catch me!" He was right. I lost him again. I turned the lights out and went back to bed. Once again, I heard him. I thought I need something different. I walked out to the kitchen where there happened to be a fly swatter on the refrigerator. I grabbed it and marched back to my mission. He was on my nightstand once again. I whispered, "One, two, three..." then BOOM! It's a hit! But it fell. I looked behind my nightstand and didn't see it. I thought well it's dead for now. I'll find it later. I turned my lights out and went back to bed. I was almost asleep and then he returned! He was alive! I jumped out of bed, turned on the light, grabbed the fly swatter, spotted the little turd, stormed over to the nightstand and BOOM!!! I GOT HIM!!!! I was ecstatic. I could now sleep peacefully. This time I picked him up and flushed him down the toilet. No more fly! Mission accomplished.

No comments: