Sunday, August 3, 2008

Today, I went to the lake to exercise and pray. I have been reading this book on how to meditate and focus on God. I discovered yesterday there is no possible way I could sit in complete solitude and silence with just my thoughts for hours actually not even minutes. I start to go crazy. Maybe my mind is not disciplined enough but I really think I just have ADD. So speaking of ADD, back to the lake. I sat down at a table and started to write. As I sat there I prayed that God would clear my mind so that I can focus completely on Him and really hear what He says to me rather than me always doing the talking. I closed my eyes and just sat there. As I'm sitting my mind starts to hear noises. Remember, I'm in the woods. Then a warm breeze blows that is so refreshing. I start to listen to all the noises, dogs barking, leaves raking across the sidewalk, squirrels moving in the woods, people laughing in the background, a baby crying, birds singing, the trees moving as the wind blows. As I sit there I am so aware of how God created all those noises which then leads me to think that He created everything to bring Him glory. God then begins to remind me more and more that I am here for a greater purpose and I am in the middle of walking it out right now. That the things of this world that trip me up, that cause me to stumble, that overtake my thoughts have no control over me and they don't matter because I belong to God and God made me to bring Him glory. How exciting is that? So thankful I have that assurance and that peace.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I am in desperate need of more blogging...please!!!