Monday, June 9, 2008

back to my weekend escapades at home with the family. first though, i would like to take the time to describe my family so that in the future when i reference anyone, you will know who i am talking about. i'll start with the parentals. my mother and father (aka mama and daddy) (aka mama bear and papa bear). yeah that's right, anna and i get a little carried away with nicknames sometimes. my mom, well, she's amazing. she's a bit of a perfectionist. she will go out of her way to help anyone. she is warm and very caring. she's a bit overbearing at times but only because she cares. she is quiet but will tell you like it is whether you want to hear it or not. pretty much, all i inherited from my mom is my fro, discernment, strong will and indepedence. now to my dad. my dad is outgoing, extremely talkative, hilarious and extremely kind. he has a big heart. my dad and i are alot a like when it comes to our personalities. i think i inherited my sense of humor and acceptance of others from him. moving on to my sister. dear anna (aka my sissy poo). anna is sweet, extremely fun to be around, and is always getting into something. don't mess with her. that's all i'll say about that :) then there's my brother. alex precious alex. he's got a temper but he is always willing to lend a hand and help wherever he can. he is extremely bright and intelligent and is going to do great things with his life. i am so proud of him for graduating this past weekend and for choosing to go to NCSU this fall! woohoo! now let's take all of us and put us together and you have my family! we can be loud but NOT obnoxious. we love to laugh. we find humor in every little thing from making fun of alex which has become a full time job when i'm home to rolling our eyes at our mom when she still yells at us to go wash our hands in the bathroom rather the kitchen as my dad sits on the couch and reads trying to ignore all the chaos that is going on around the house. you would think that if we are all adults then our house would not be crazy but it is. and apparently, it's because of me. everytime i go home, they always say, "well you can tell she's back. everything's all lively and animated." well i'm proud to say that i'm thankful i bring that to my family. that they look to me to make them happy and make them laugh. there are numerous stories i could tell you about this weekend with the family, ranging from alex almost backing into a car after his baccalaureate service and my mom flying out of nowhere to hit the car as hard as she could which almost caused alex to poo his pants. or how about the fact that my whole entire family (exteded family included) were the loudest ones at the graduation and were told to "shhhh" several times. how rude is that? we were there celebrating and we were happy! that's not wrong. i don't think the lady liked the glare i gave her. she smiled and looked away. i think she started shaking she was so scared. i mean, you combine the forces of my sister and me and we make one kickbutt team! oh then there's the night at baccalaureate when you would think anna being 22 and i being 24 would be mature enough not to cut up and laugh at stupid stuff but act dignified. well, we may be getting older but we are still sisters who will forever be young at heart. i could continue but it would take way too long. i want to end with saying, i love my family deeply. they have given me my backbone and have helped shape me into the woman i am today. there is nothing like going home and spending time with the people God gave to you as a family. being accepted unconditionally is a great feeling. they make me happy and i love laughing. i will laugh about anything and everything until the day i die.

No comments: