Sunday, June 15, 2008

Last night, I went home for Father's Day. We did the usual, get up early, well actually I got up extra early to go exercise with my mom so GO ME!!! after the workout, we got ready and went to church. There was a guest preacher at the very small country church my parents go to. He was great and I really got a lot out of what God was speaking through him. after church, we went back to the parentals house and then the party started! the whole family started slowly trickling in and things started getting fun. we were having a cookout so my dad was out grilling in the side yard. he had 2 grills going with 8 hamburgers on each. my mom happened to be out there giving him a dish to put the food in and my aunt and uncle were out there just conversating. why was i there? i don't know. i pretty much just wandered from group to group so I can talk to everyone since i don't get to see them that often. anyway, as we were standing there, the charcoal in one of the grills started catching on fire and my dad starts saying, "oh no that's not supposed to happen!" then he realized the grill was falling apart because it was broken. my genius of an uncle thought he had a genius of an idea to put a brick on the grill to hold the hamburgers up. i looked at my mom and said, "seriously? that is going to fall!" then right after i said that, the grill started collapsing and the hamburgers started to fall. my dad has awesome reflexes because he reached down with his hamburger flipper and tongs and saved the rack! it was amazing! then my genius of an uncle had another genius of an idea. he decided to get 2 cement blocks so my dad could set the rack and the grill on them. so yeah basically, it was one of those moments where you say you might be a redneck if...... oh but i love it!

No comments: