Sunday, June 1, 2008

i am amazed at how quickly God can answer prayers especially when you need to hear from Him the most. i won't go into any detail, but i know that after today He's got me. My heart is spoken for and i can be completely satisfied in Him. in Him is where i find true joy, peace, and contentment. people search their whole lives for this and try to find it in temporary pleasures. that's what i try to do sometimes. i think other people may have it better off than I do but really they're in bondage and can't climb out of the pit their in. i however, live for Someone. Someone that's eternal and has already defeated my sin and has set me free! how awesome and powerful that realization is! when you truly grasp who you are in Christ and that your only purpose for living is to serve and live for Him then it changes your whole outlook and perspective on life. i know when i am living this out, my eyes are not focused on myself and i'm not looking to myself to make it through situations but my eyes are fixated on Christ-the one I have surrendered my life to and has completely control and authority over me. sometimes, i think i can't overcome obstacles and temptations because i am so weak but i am doubting what God can do in me. with Him, whatever the problem is, i can overcome it!

as i continue to live out my walk with Christ, i pray that my life will become more and more transparent each day. i pray that i can remember these truths and remember who i am in Christ and where He is taking me. i pray that i can pour into other people's lives the blessings, knowledge, and truths He has shown me. by doing this i want to honor God and make Him smile :)

there is a verse that totally penetrated my heart and awoke my spirit the other day. it is in Romans 11- the message.

Everything comes from Him,
Everything happens through Him,
Everything ends up in Him,
Always glory! Always praise!
Yes. Yes. Yes.

what beautiful words describing a life in Christ. knowing that it's all about Him and that no matter what happens we should always praise Him!

No comments: